Timberlea School Parent Association (TSPA)
Timberlea Public School students need your help!
We are looking for members of our school community to fill some very important positions. Without volunteers we cannot run these highly popular programs:
TSPA Vice President
- a great way to gain some knowledge and learn about volunteering and fundraising!
- attend 30-60 min. monthly meetings (2nd Tuesday each month)
- assist President in TSPA duties
TSPA Casino Coordinator
- TSPA Executive will assist in training / working with AGLC
- Submit applications / forms for casino
- Coordinate volunteers on casino day
- Familiar with license date expiry and use of proceeds
NOTE - TSPA has been APPROVED to run a casino in early 2023. This is a HUGE fundraising opportunity for our school. We must have a Coordinator in place at the beginning of the 2022-23 school year.
Hot Lunch Volunteers
- a TSPA member will train and assist
- 30 to 45 minute commitment to sort, label and deliver hot lunches to students
- Runs every Wednesday and Friday in the upcoming school year
- Hot Lunch ordering will begin in August 2022.
Please message or email the TSPA for more information.
Keep checking our TSPA Facebook page throughout the summer!
The Timberlea School Parent Association is a group of parents that meet once a month to discuss school support ideas, and act as a go-between for parents and teaching staff to raise funds to enhance our children’s education.
All parents are encouraged to attend the monthly meetings which is a great place to find out what is happening at the school and how to best support your child.
Through fundraising the Parent Association has been able to purchase in full or contribute towards the following items over the past few years:
- Electronic school information sign
- Playground for grades K-3
- Bike racks
- Cross-country skis
- DPA (daily physical activity) equipment
- Projector/screen in gymnasium
- Curtains for the stage
- Chairs for concerts
- Lighting for stage
- Scoreboard in gymnasium
- School agendas
- Bussing for two field trip per year per class
- Hungry kids cupboard (food for students who either don’t have a lunch or don’t have enough)
- Leveled reading materials for all grades
- Math and Science manipulatives for all grades
- iPads for the classrooms
- Climbing wall in the gymnasium
- Books for the library
- Sound system in the gymnasium
- Learning lounges
- Monetary donation to the Breakfast Program
- Risers (Music room)
- Indoor curling equipment
- Golf simulator
- Archery Equipment
- New Library Furniture
- DiscoverE Science workshops
- Annual Family Fun Fair
If you have ideas on how we can support our school or have questions or comments for the Timberlea School Parent Association please contact us at email@example.com
Timberlea School Parent Association Executive
- Chairperson – Hope Martin
- Vice-Chair – Vacant
- Treasurer – Phyllis Pitura
- Secretary – Carolyn Browne