Waleed Najmeddine - Principal
Christmas Dinner Fri. Dec. 14
Thanks to everyone who has already brought in their donations for the Christmas dinner Fri. Dec. 14. Special thanks go to Timberlea KFC for their generous donation of gravy and paper plates!
If you are able to lend us a large electric food warmer, or crock-pot/slow-cooker, please contact the school office. Jenn and Dawn will also be calling donors this week to confirm their pledges (i.e. turkeys, roasting/delivery times, potatoes, veggies, stuffing, etc.)
Also, Timberlea staff will be hosting a potato peeling party on Thu. Dec. 13 at 3:00 p.m. for anyone who would like to help out. Remember to bring a potato peeler, and if possible, a clean camping cooler or pail so we can keep them in water overnight.
Vista Ridge Ski Trip Dates (Gr. 4-6)
Our first ski trip of the season is on Wed. Dec. 12 at Vista Ridge Park. Students not participating will be required to attend school to engage in other learning activities. Contact the school office for more details.
December Hot Lunch Reminder
Opa Restaurant hot lunch orders for Fri. Dec. 14 will be delivered on Thur. Dec. 13. Please contact the school if you have questions or concerns.
- Wed. Dec. 12 - Vista Ridge ski trip (Gr. 4-6); Art Club (Group B); Tech & Trades Academy is cancelled for December.
- Thu. Dec. 13 - Potato Peeling Party @ 3:00 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 14 - Joint TL/FMCS Christmas Dinner @ 11:30 a.m.
- Tue. Dec. 18 - Christmas Concert @ 6:00 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 21 - PL Friday (no classes)
- Dec. 24-Jan. 4 - Winter Break (no school)
- Tue. Dec. 25 - Christmas Day (Christianity)
- Tue. Jan. 1 - New Year's Day
- Mon. Jan. 7 - Classes resume; Feast of the Nativity (Eastern Orthodox)
- Wed. Jan. 9 - Vista Ridge ski trip (Gr. 4-6)
- Tue. Jan. 15 - Maghi (Sikh)
- Fri. Jan. 18 - District PD Day (no classes)
- Tue. Feb. 5 - Chinese New Year
- Fri. Feb. 8 - District PD Day (no classes)
Joke of the Day
One night, a Norseman known as 'Rudolph the Red' looked out his window and said, "It's definitely going to rain". His wife asked, "How can you tell?"
"Because" he replied, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear"
Have a great week!