Waleed Najmeddine - Principal
Provincial Achievement Tests (PAT) - Grade 6
This year FMPSD schools will administer Grade 6 PAT's in an "exam window" as per the following schedule:
Tuesday June 12 - English Language Arts 6 - Part B (multiple choice)
Thursday June 14 - Math 6 - Part A (numeric response) and Part B (multiple choice)
Monday June 18 - Science 6
Wednesday June 20 - Social Studies 6
Parent Information Sessions - K-4 Draft Provincial Curriculum Development
Alberta Education and the Alberta School Councils’ Association (ASCA) are working with parents and guardians to gather feedback on the Draft K-4 provincial curriculum. Two sessions will be held in Fort McMurray on Thursday June 14 at Christina Gordon School:
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Sessions will be limited to 100 attendees. Click here to register.
Transportation Parent Survey - Alberta Education
Alberta Education would like to hear from families and school boards to update the student transportation eligibility criteria. To share your thoughts and priorities on the student transportation criteria, please fill out this online survey before Friday June 15, 2018. Any changes will be implemented in the 2019/20 school year.
- June 11-13 - Talent Show judging @ lunch recess
- Tue. June 12 - English Language Arts PAT (Part B - multiple choice); School Council meeting @ 7:00 p.m.
- Thu. June 14 - Math PAT (Part A - numeric response, Part B - multiple choice); Learning Through The Arts (Final); Gr. 2 Knitting Club (Final) @ 2:45 p.m.
- Fri. June 15 - Eid ul Fitr (Islam)
- Mon. June 18 - Science PAT
- Wed. June 20 - Social Studies PAT; Knotty Knitters (gr. 4) @ 2:45 p.m.
- Thu. June 21 - National Indigenous Peoples Day; Kindergarten Graduation @ 9:00 a.m.
- Fri. June 22 - Volunteer Appreciation Drive-thru @ 7:45 a.m.; Talent Show @ 1:00 p.m.
- Tue. June 26 - Sports Day
- Wed. June 27 - Last day of classes (ECDP&K)
- Thu. June 28 - Last day of classes (Gr. 1-12); Year-end Awards Assembly @ 10:15 a.m.
- MacDonald Island Summer Camps 2018
- Northern Alberta YMCA Summer Camps 2018
- RMWB Recreation Department
Joke of the Day
A lumberjack went into the forest to cut down a tree. He spotted the one he wanted and started to swing his axe, when suddenly, the tree shouted out, “Wait! I’m a talking tree!"
Stunned at first, but undeterred, the lumberjack replied with a smile...
"Yes, but you will dialogue!"
Have a great week!
Waleed Najmeddine, M.Ed