Principal - Waleed Najmeddine
Welcome to Timberlea Public School!
Multicultural Week - May 1-4
The Multicultural Association of Wood Buffalo is hosting a block party Saturday April 29 at Jubilee Plaza. Timberlea School will be commemorating Multicultural Week May 1-4. Planned activities include
multicultural art projects, guest speakers, pot-luck dinner and school assembly.
Aboriginal Awareness Week - May 23-26
All FMPSD schools will be holding Aboriginal Awareness Week next month. We are planning to create a Project of Heart exhibit piece to have students learn about the experiences of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples and the residential school system. If you would like more information on what is being planned, or to share in planning for this or other activities, please contact me directly as soon as possible. Other planned activities include guest speakers, classroom story-telling, traditional music, and dance performances.
Family Fun Day - May 27
School Council is planning a family fun day for Saturday May 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you would like to volunteer, or have ideas to run an activity, please contact School Council chairperson Erin Piercey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apr. 24-28 - DancePL3Y residency gr. 1-6
- Mon. Apr. 24 - Choir @ 2:45 p.m.
- Wed. Apr. 26 - STEM Club @ 2:45 p.m.
- Thu. Apr. 27 - Guitar Club @ 2:45 p.m.
- Fri. Apr. 28 - Author visit with Joan Galat (am)
- Multicultural Week May 1-4
- Thu. May 4 - Picture Day
- Fri. May 5 - PL Friday (no classes)
- Sat. May 6 - FMPSD Music in the Park (District staff and families only) 1-4 pm @ EMcT
- Mon. May 8 - FMPSD Trustees visit @ 2 pm, Joint Networks Committee meeting 5:30 pm District Office
- Thu. May 11 - Grade 6 PAT English Language Arts - Part A (written)
- Fri. May 19 - PL Friday (no classes)
- Aboriginal Awareness Week May 23-26
- Sat. May 27 - Family Fun Day 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Joke of the Week:
A police officer pulled over a vehicle and explained to the driver: "Your tail light is broken, your tires are very worn and must be replaced, and your bumper is hanging halfway to the ground. I'm afraid that will be 500 dollar ticket"
The driver replied, "Alright, no problem officer. They want twice as much as that to fix it at the garage."
Have a great week!